Wednesday, July 30, 2008

App Store Apps on my iPhone

When I upgraded my iPhone to OS 2, the one feature I was looking forward to the most was the ability to install custom apps. I have read of people having more than 50 different apps on their devices and at first that sounded crazy. However, after a couple of weeks, I now have 13 15 apps installed. In no particular order, the apps that I have found most useful are:
IMG_0001

LifeCast: This is a blogging tool that works with Blogger and Tumblr services. At the moment, the blogger integration does not support post with images but as far as I can tell its the only one that supports Blogger (this post is being written using LifeCast) .


IMG_0004

NetNewsWire: An RSS reader that syncs with the NewsGator services so that all my subscriptions and read status are synced across multiple devices.


IMG_0003

Evernote: A notes application that syncs with multiple devices. You can take text, picture and voice notes and Evernote has the ability to search through them all.

*UPDATE*: I have just discovered that this app does not allow the editing of existing notes on the iPhone which is a huge disappointment and makes it virtually useless.


IMG_0005

Mocha VNC Lite: a fairly basic VNC client. Can be used to remote control Macs and PCs. Supports horizontal orientation as well as pinching for zooming in and out.


IMG_0007

Palringo: a multi-protocol IM client that supports MSN, Yahoo and GoogleTalk among others.


IMG_0006

Facebook: this app brings Facebook right into your pocket. You can send messages as well chat with your online friends.


IMG_0010

Google Mobile App: this application searches the iPhone contacts as well the various Google services. It can also the location services on the iPhone to locate matches nearest to your location.
IMG_0008

Remote: an app that let's you remote control your iTunes library or AppleTV.


IMG_0009

ShowTimes: Uses triangulation or GPS to tell you about the movie times at a cinema nearest to your current location.

The rest of my apps are games and these include Platinum Solitaire, Bejeweled 2, Sudoku Classic, Jirbo Match, Enigmo and Brain Challenge.

p/s In case you are wondering how I took the iPhone screen grabs, just hold the Home button and then click the Lock/Stand By button to take a screen grab.

Posted with LifeCast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home